Sunday, June 26, 2011

Not So Weekly Review

You heard mostly how my vacation week went, so I will tell you how much Sunday went.

I walked in a Pet Walk-a-thon to raise money for the local humane society. My team- made up of myself and 2 other friends, raised $550 all together! We are very proud.

Today we walked 3K with pups in tow. I walked a friend's 9 month old Miniature Australian Shepard and totally fell in love with her. Her name is Kola.

She made a friend with another friend's big lug- Thunder.





There were lots of prizes and freebies. I brought some treats home for my little kitty (the one who eats blinds) and got some special doggie food for my brother's dog who has a kidney ailment as well as lots of treats for Kola's mom.

Kola and Thunder enjoyed Doggie Ice Cream.... Thunder demolished his in one gulp, Kola was a bit more cautious...




But loved it in the end!

Here she is keeping watch over us with tons of animals in the background.




It was a long day, but a fun day! I'm super proud of my team for working so hard to raise money for a great cause. We are avid supporters of the Humane Society- my kitty came from there 4 years ago.

I got too much sun and ended up with a burn on my chest and arms. I even wore sunscreen! I'm exhausted now and already took a nap to sleep off the effects of the sun.

Kola was exhausted on the way back home to her Mommy too.

Hope everyone got out to enjoy the weather this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I volunteer at our local Humane Society as well 1 day a week, way to support the animals....I love that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a brilliant day and all for such a good cause!
    Lovely cute dogs!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your photos. Wow, you really raised a lot of money! It sounds like you had a great time doing it too.

    ReplyDelete