Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weigh-In & Weekly Review

I'm testing something out.

I'm thinking of amalgamating my weigh-in and weekly review into one post. I have a feeling that my new job is going to keep me very busy, so I may not always be on time with posting my regular installments. In a way, I like this idea. But, I also enjoy posting on this blog and connecting with all you wonderful people. More posts= more chances to connect. We shall see how it all pans out.

Anyway, on to the weigh-in!

Previous Weight: 199.4lbs
Current Weight: 199.4
Difference: 0 lbs

Well, no loss, but no gain. A maintain.

I've noticed a few posts this week from at least a couple ladies regarding the loss of motivation- Need to Get ME Back talked about losing her gung-ho. Lisa at Challenge Accepted also spoke about exercise losing its' shiny appeal. For the past several months I have really been slacking on weight-loss. I totally relate to these women and what they are experiencing. For me, I really hit a mental wall. I got under that 200 point and (mentally) I thought, that will do for now. But, it won't really just do. I am not where I want to be and I am not on the schedule I want to be on. My New Year's Resolution for the past 10 years has been to lose weight. I really meant it this year. I want to lose 50+ lbs by the end of the year. I have 30 left to lose.

So why have I stalled? Am I afraid to succeed? If I lose the weight, I finally have nothing to blame for holding me back from life? I just don't know. I keep setting goals and only halfway achieving them each week. They are not unattainable goals, but sometimes they seem so far off from where I am.

I'm trying, but sometimes my mind just defeats me.

Anyway, enough of the pity party organized by derailed thought. Haha!

This week it was so hot. But, I managed to walk for 45 minutes every week day. Yesterday, I got out for a run in the early afternoon since it really cooled off. I ran 2.5K (about 1.5 miles). I'm running between 10 and 12 minute miles. I'm using NIKE+ with GPS on my iPhone and I'm not sure how accurate it is. At first it said I was running 8 minute miles, but I know that is not right! haha. Running felt good. Ran the whole thing without stopping, hoping to go a bit longer next time.

I also did yoga at home and am trying to coax my partner into it. He is thinking about it.

Last Week's Goals
1) Loss- No. A maintain. I'll get there.
2) Yoga 2x, run 1x, walking- YES!!!
3) Track and Limit- Yes! -

Next Week's Goals
1) Get back on the Elliptical!
2) Yoga 1x, Run 1x, Strength 2x
3) Track and Limit to under 1600


Hope all you good people have a good week. Be kind to each other!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! You can SO lose 30 lbs by the end of the year, no problem! But I am glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling a little unmotivated. Also I so get what you mean about maybe not really wanting to succeed and feeling like you won't have anything to blame things on anymore. It's not rational but I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to much of what you said. I reached two goals this week: losing 100 lbs and riding 1500 miles on my exercise bike. Now I'm afraid that I won't feel motivated to continue on. I want to use what I've already done as momentum to keep moving forward, but I'm already feeling a lack of motivation.

    I think that you did really well with your goals this past week. Your exercise was great, especially with the heat. Stay strong and I hope that this week is even better.

    ReplyDelete