Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fit & Fabulous Fall Challenge

Week 3

Our challenge for this week was to try a new activity or push ourselves. I definitely did both.

My gym offers a variety of workout classes at no cost to members. I have never tried one in my 2 years of being a member. I didn't want everyone to see how bad I would be at the steps or how red in the face I would get (something that has always happened to me no matter what shape I'm in). So, when this challenge came up I figured this would be the perfect time to finally do it.

I scoped out the classes from the door a few times. Seeing what they would be like. I decided on a new class called Newbody. It is "a low impact cardio conditioning class that is easy to follow for all fitness levels. It will re-define your body and empower you to achieve your goals. Enhance your workout with the use of optional hand weights."

Low impact? Good. Easy to follow? Good. All fitness levels? Awesome! So I went after work and went to the class.

It was fun and a good workout. I definitely was sweating and red. I was about 50 minutes and the average calorie burn is 450 (I think). Mine would be higher because I am bigger.

Here is a video of what the class is like:


As for this week's weigh-in. I am skipping. It has not been a great week food wise. I'll talk about it in my review challenge this week.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment