Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fit & Fabulous Fall Challenge Week 4/5

Week 4- Write about your progress thus far...

Well, there isn't much to report really. I am not really losing or gaining. I've been working out pretty consistently over the last 4 weeks, but nothing is changing.

It's frustrating. I've been in this place before and I get really angry at myself. I know that my feelings are not helping the cause. I get down on myself and I'm not sure how to get motivated to the point I was before.

I want to take care of myself and I want to be healthy and happy. I know what I need to do, but it's like I don't care enough about myself to make it happen. I hate to think that, but why can't I just get into the mindset I need to be in?

On the plus side, I have been doing well at the gym. I even did a run on the treadmill and it was not bad. Been doing mostly cardio, including a fitness class.

I went grocery shopping last week and only allowed myself to buy healthy foods. That made me happy and proud of my restraint.




2 comments:

  1. I've struggled with finding motivation a lot. Sometimes, it's just not there. When the summer began, I knew I needed and wanted to lose weight, but I couldn't find it in me. Finally, I just did it. I wasn't motivated, but I started working out and watching my food. I still have a LOT of days where I'm not motivated, but I just force myself to do it. Power through. If you're working out and eating right, eventually the weight will come off. This is one of the big reasons I skip the scale so much. Hope you start feeling better and seeing the results you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad you're back to blogging and exercising. I mean, even if you're not losing like you'd hope, your working on being healthy physically and mentally. We all go through a slump! If it were easy to lose weight we wouldn't be on here blogging (aka bitching)! It's human nature to have times where you aren't motivated, I think that's just our bodies saying they need a rest. You'll get back into the swing of things, just don't give up on yourself!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete