Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekly Review

I'm on my way to the gym this morning. I'm off to finish Week 6 of Couch to 5K.

Exercise this week has been going well. I've been a bit intimidated by this last installment of Week 6 but otherwise I have been trying a few new and different things. I did the stair climbing machine, circuit training, resistance bands, crunches, and I started the 100 push-up challenge. I am very sore! I haven't been doing much upper arm exercises so, my arms are quite stiff now.

Eating this week wasn't great. I didn't count my calories for some days or only for half days. I ate out a few times. I had chicken noodle soup, a breakfast meal, a reuben, and I gave it to McDonald's. Not good!

However, I had a small personal victory. I have the most amazing calf muscles! You can see them and when I flex my calf, they stick out like crazy and are super hard. So, I like that.

I'm trying to come to reality with slow weight loss. I guess I just want everything super quick and that is part of our society. Instant gratification is not good in the weight loss game. Slow and steady wins the race.

Next week, I am going to try to work hard on getting all my water in the day and may attempt running outside.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are really winning the exercise plan - you're doing loads and really pushing it. Get the eating going as well alongside it and you got a winning formula there. Good Luck for the next week
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete